[MPlayer-dev-eng] Extended support for xvmc

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 23 18:39:37 CEST 2003

On Sunday 22 June 2003 17:16, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
> Daniel Egger said:
> > Am Sam, 2003-06-21 um 22.11 schrieb Ivan Kalvachev:
> >> that if applied correctly could allow you to test XvMC support for
> >> mplayer.
> >
> > Just curious: Do you know cards for which a working XvMC driver exists?
> >
> > --
> > Servus,
> >        Daniel
>
> i810 and later (it comes with XFree86)
> GeForce 4 Ti - Moction Compensation only
> GeForce 4MX and GeForce FX - MC with IDCT
>
> GeForce-s use NVidia binnary driver
>
> It is know that all ATI video cards from about last 5 years have such
> acceleration but no driver for it (yet). I hope what if there is
> OSS that uses it they will change their mind. (or get flooded by requests)

Most S3 Savage chip have hw mpeg2 acceleration, so I guess they have at least
hw MC maybe even hw IDCT. The windows dvd player like PowerDVD and WinDVD can
use it. Especially on these very slow chips, like the Save MX-MV in my laptop
it would give a good speed advantage. Anyways current savage driver does not
support XvMC.

--
Best Regards,
        Atmos