[MPlayer-dev-eng] animatrix_2_program inspectation

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 20 03:31:13 CEST 2003

Hi,

I took a look at the animatrix_2_program stuff from mphq/incoming which was
reported to have bad a/v and I think I figured out what's going on.

The MOV has two AAC audio tracks, ID#2 (avg 192kbps) should be played during
the matrix logo/intro (~11sec), then it should switch to ID#1 (avg 160kbps)
and play that for the rest of the movie.
This behaviour seems to be somehow coded in the Editlist of the mov as it
indicates a list with ~11sec and a list with ~400sec length.

Actually I think the needed behaviour can't currently be implemented, as
mplayer - to my knowledge - lacks the ability to switch/reinitialize audio
on-the-fly.

But maybe someone wants to take a look...

For the meantime mplayer-dev animatrix_2_program_640-sample.mov -delay -11.067
works ok, besides the fact that first 11sec of video won't be played in
real-time but too fast.
--
Best Regards,
        Atmos