[MPlayer-dev-eng] cvid codec

Christian Ohm chr.ohm at gmx.net
Wed Jun 11 19:38:45 CEST 2003

hi.

On Wednesday, 11 June 2003 at  0:16, Arpi wrote:
> > cvidvfw should be disabled in codecs.conf.
> > The native cvid works better.
> > Even though cvidvfw says "status working" I have seen a sample in which
> > with cvidvfw, the image looks as though it was uncompressed into a x*y
> > buffer and rendered as (x+1)*y, with a funny black diagonal line from
> > top right into bottom left, and the image on the right of that reversed.
> >
> > native cvid gives good image.
>
> also there are samples where it's the opposite native codec is buggy whiel
> dll works

why not default to the native codecs when they reach a state of
more-or-less-working (at least for development versions (cvs) and perhaps
-pre/-rc)? imho this would be a good idea because people would then actually
use those codecs and could report bugs. as it is now, the only time the
native codecs are used (if they're not default) is by people actually
testing them or when a dll doesn't work.

just my two cent,
christian ohm

--
Classical music is the kind we keep thinking will turn into a tune.
		-- Kin Hubbard, "Abe Martin's Sayings"