[MPlayer-dev-eng] Does anyone still care for patches?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 30 19:19:16 CEST 2003

Hi,

> I noticed that the amount  of feedback to patches sent to this ML has
> been very low for some weeks.
>
> I sent 3 patches (dvb input module (with Albeau's placet) , raw and
> multiple stream dump and a modified demux_ts), and read other people's ones;
> although many of them seemed to be good they were almost always sent to
> /dev/ignore.
>
> I understand that patches may not be perfect or acceptable, and as far
> as I'm concerned you can even (kindly) tell me that my patches suck,
> but feedback is necessary to improve the code.

I'm busy with mplayer-g2, and alex is busy with merging-in ports and
preparing the 0.91 release (from 0_90). Others also don't seem to do
anything with incoming patches.

So the only thing i can say is to be patient, or port the patch for g2
and send to g2-dev list to me :)

> I hope this situation will change and that this ML won't become
> mplayer-dead-end at mplayerhq.hu

it's already that, i just forgot t ochange name in mailman...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu