[MPlayer-dev-eng] Compiling under OS X

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Mon Jul 28 01:19:38 CEST 2003

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> Marc Jaeckle writes:
>  > I've been trying to compile MPlayer under OS X for last two weeks and
>  > the only way to actually succeed is taking the source provided by the
>  > fink team and change the configure settings as needed. The problem is
>
> Are you using the main CVS branch?  It is supposed to work under OS X,
> as is 0_90 CVS...

	It works quite well.   libiconv and libintl I built from the
	opendarwin.org ports.   The only troublesome package to build
	was 'libdv' because the playdv program is OSS only.   libdv
	isn't needed for MPlayer since ffmpeg/libavcodec has a better
	DV decoder (I did need libdv for something else so the effort
	was not wasted ;)).

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz