[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.91 imminent - translations need to be updated

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun Jul 20 17:28:38 CEST 2003

Hello everybody!

We are finishing up the 0.91 release and have to decide the fate of
some of our translations.

All of the help files (MPlayer runtime output) could use some love.
Currently none are up to date, so if you care about your language,
please consider taking the time to update these files, it shouldn't
take you too long.

The following are very outdated and will be removed from the release
unless somebody sends in an update:

help_mp-no.h
help_mp-ro.h
help_mp-tr.h
help_mp-uk.h

These are somewhat outdated, and I am not sure whether to keep them or
not.  Updates would thus be very nice.

help_mp-nl.h
help_mp-bg.h
help_mp-el.h

While you are at it, sending updates for the main tree is also
encouraged ;)  There should be almost no difference.

When you update one of the help files, please add a note like

// sync'ed with help_mp-en.h 1.95

to the top of the help file, so that we can easily tell whether the
file is outdated the next time around.

If you want to know which messages are still untranslated, use
help/help_diff.sh.  Some messages have changed slightly, though, so
please also check the CVS log.

CVS instructions can be found in the README or at the bottom of this
page, for the 0_90 tree just substitute "main" by "0_90":

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/design6/dload.html

It's also on the web:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/0_90/
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/0_90/help/
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/help/

The change history of the English help file is here:

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/0_90/help/help_mp-en.h
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/main/help/help_mp-en.h

New languages are also always welcome, if yours is missing, feel free
to translate it.

Send updates to me directly please, no need to bother the lists with
this.  We would like to get this release out of the door in two weeks
at most (earlier would be better), so if you need more time please
just tell me so that we can adjust the schedule.

Thanks a million

Diego