[MPlayer-dev-eng] someone working on BINK support?

Henti Smith henti at geekware.co.za
Wed Jul 16 16:14:45 CEST 2003

On Wed, 16 Jul 2003 16:54:16 +0300 (EEST)
"Ivan Kalvachev" <ivan at cacad.com> wrote:

> Maik Broemme said:
> First.
> You may see that your post looks extreemly small.
> Pleace find a way to include non encrypted/signed plain text. (i'm using
> squirll)
> I am able to read it, but ...

I'm not .. I just see the topic ;P

> There used to be a statement that if you are interested in bink api and
> you are not
> game developer you may ask the for free sdk. Have anybody asked them?
> I see no point to suspend bink playing under linux, as long as they have
> free player.

they don't have a linux player / sdk yet .. they are working on it.

> Espetially if linux player uses their free player:))
> BTW i am afraid that the DLL itself is a player that handles a lot of
> DirectX stuff -a bottom of  http://www.radgametools.com/binksdk.htm

As I said they are workiong on a liunx port, so I have mailed them asking for any
chance we can have libraries/api/sdk for linux to help develop stuff with for a player

will reply to list when I get a responce.

--
Henti Smith
henti at geekware.co.za
Owner