[MPlayer-dev-eng] someone working on BINK support?

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jul 16 15:00:15 CEST 2003

Hi,

> one game using BINK videos and runs fine under wine is Heroes of Might and
> Magic 3, so it is possible to rev. engineer it. In my vmware i start using

but are they using external bink decoder DLL, or they have it built-in
(static linked) ?

the problem was taht most games have it builtin so you have to find teh code
in several megabytes .exe files and you cannot use it with mini-loader only
with full loading the whole exe and runtime patching...

> the RAD Video Tools from http://www.radgametools.com/smkdown.htm to decode
> the videos. Maybe it should be possible to use it with softice. First i
> try to use the RAD Video Tools with wine this is much easier than using
> softice i think :) I am hopefully that the RAD Tools runs there.

radtools have it builtin, they dont use external dll for decoding :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu