[MPlayer-dev-eng] Smooth Fast-Forward/Slow-Motion

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jul 12 20:53:40 CEST 2003

Hi,

[just noticed this message]

> I have seen your discussion about Fast-Forward
> (http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2003-February/015835.html).
> I am working on it too, from a different direction: I have started to
> patch libaf, so that it will handle the play-speed changes using the
> SoundTouch library (http://www.sunpoint.net/~oparviai/soundtouch/), which
> will allow speeding up the video, keeping the audio in sync and preventing
> the pitch change (better than what you get when playing VHS in double
> speed, isn't it?). I haven't finish it yet, but not much has left. I am
> not near the box which I use for developing it, so I can't attach my patch
> so far :-(. It seems like combining my patch with Struan Bartlett's one
> will give the perfect result.

Just dl'd and tried this SoundTouch thing, and i have to say, it's cool!
(try to run it on a slow Roxette song with -bpm=200 to get rave :))

We really should integrate it with mplayer, but unfortunatelly it's c++ :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

--
Developer of MPlayer G2, the Movie Framework for all - http://www.MPlayerHQ.hu