[MPlayer-dev-eng] 1.randomly pause problem 2. how to do hardware overlay

douglasliu douglasliu at linpus.com.tw
Thu Jul 10 05:42:37 CEST 2003

Dear all:

We'v got two questions:

question 1: randomly pause during DVD playback
	CPU:Intel P4
	video card:ATI  Rage XL
	OS: Redhat 8.0
Random pause is obvious, every pause last for about half second when image is
still (can't refresh by new).
After we opened DVD driver's DMA and enabled cache, the situation is better.
But it still occure randomly (with same machine , ms window is good to play
same DVD).
It puzzled us .  what mplayer's doing during the pause time? How to resolve ?

question 2 : how to get hardware overlay
	video card : NVIDIA GForce4 MX440
does this card support hardware overlay?
if so , how to code programme?
I have no idea, any piece of word would be helpful

thanks anyway

Best Regards.
Douglas
July 10, 2003