[MPlayer-dev-eng] libvo - x11 cosmetic changes

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Sat Jul 5 15:55:44 CEST 2003

On Sat, Jul 05, 2003 at 02:58:56PM +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Due to a lot of applied patches with different coding styles
> and the no cosmetic changes policy the x11 vo modules became
> realy unreadable. As this makes understanding the code harder
> and harder i'd like to change that.
>
> I wrote (or rather c&p'ed) a indent config and run it over
> vo_x11.c vo_xv.c vo_xmga.c and x11_common.c and edited
> the resulting files by hand where apropriate.
>
> I'd like to get the aproval of at least those
> who also work on the x11 code before applying this patch.

Running indent made lots of stupid trivial changes that are not
remotely beneficial to readability... Why not just go through and find
the blocks where bad indention makes it hard to tell which block is at
which level, and fix those (very few) cases by hand instead of making
a mess of the whole file with indent...??

Rich