[MPlayer-dev-eng] Audio Filter howto?

Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri gsbarbieri at yahoo.com.br
Thu Jul 3 23:39:15 CEST 2003

Hello,

   I'm trying to create a af_export, that is, a audio filter that
exports the sound from mplayer.
   I'm doing that because I need the audio from mplayer to use with
another software I'll work... that software needs 2 channel with 512
samples int16.

   Ok, I looked at af.h and af_volume.c to get a idea on how to do
that... but I still have some questions.

   af->data will have valid values?

   How to convert data->audio (from play()) to 2 ch with 512 int16
samples?

   What is the best form to export data? I'm thinking to use mmap(),
but I never used it, so need to learn... anyone to give me some
examples / pointers ?

Sorry for that amount of questions... hope that you will help me :)

Gustavo