[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: to -fixed-vo or not to -fixed-vo

Jonathan Rogers jonner at teegra.net
Thu Jul 3 22:41:47 CEST 2003

Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
>>However, there's another bug that I'm fairly certain is in the Nvidia
>>driver or hardware. Whenever I play a movie wider than about 750 (in
>>other words, bigger than DVD size) with xv, I get junk on the right
>>side of the frame. Perhaps somebody didn't think people would play
>>movies larger than DVD. It appears that there's some kind of wrap
>>around. If I play a really wide movie (like greater than 1000) the
>>junk starts to appear on the left side of the frame. I get this using
>>both MPlayer and Xine. However, if I use another mplayer vo, like x11,
>>it is fine, though slow.
>
> Imho it can only be a bug of the nvidia driver. Or if it doesn't appears
> with xine, it could be a bug (i would call it feature ;) in our vo_xv
> implementation.

I think it probably is in the Nvidia driver, but it could be in XFree or
my particular hardware. If no one else sees it on Nvidia hardware, it
could my particular card, since it's a very cheap brand. Or, if others
see it on Nvidia hardware, but not on other hardware, it's probably the
driver. If everyone has this problem with Xvideo (which seems extremely
unlikely, since I haven't heard anyone else complain about it), it could
be XFree. What about you? Does large video work with "-vo xv"?

Jonathan Rogers