[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: XSendEvent to mplayer

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Tue Jul 1 21:32:37 CEST 2003

Hi Kevin DeKorte,

on Tue, 1 Jul 2003 13:14:30 -0600 you wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Will mplayer respond to XSendEvent commands from another program? I'm
> and trying to pass keyboard events to mplayer from another program. Such
> as passing "Q" to the mplayer window so that it will stop. Or is it
> better to use the XTestFakeKeyEvent methods?
It's probably better to use the slave mode. it allow you to pass command
to mplayer. These commands can be read from stdin and/or a named pipe.
See the man page and input/input.c for more details.
	Albeu

--

Everything is controlled by a small evil group
to which, unfortunately, no one we know belongs.