[MPlayer-dev-eng] XCF support

Jean-Yves Lamoureux jylam at lnxscene.org
Sun Jan 26 00:16:59 CET 2003

Hi all,

I was thinking about incorporate XCF (Gimp own format) loading to
Mplayer. Here's why :

1/ Xcf is cool
2/ I use this format when doing animations (mostly cartoons, about 10s-1mn)
3/ Could be a very cool way to convert XCF's to <whatever mencoder
supports> video files

So it won't be about just displaying an image, but reading an animation
file, the layered xcf format.

I explain roughtly XCF support I want to get :
XCF can be layered, like PSD and things like that, so each layer of the
  file is an image of a video/animation. Resolution is not fixed/limited
(not 2^X or multiples of X, it's free).
It can be 1,8,24,32 bits per pixels (If I remember).

It is NOT a feature request, as I would like to do it. All I'm waiting
is to know if you're ok with the idea, and if you think I could get help
here (or in another place) in order to make that work. (I never put the
fingers in the mplayer source tree yet).

Thanks for your time :)

--
Jean-Yves Lamoureux
Workless software developper