[MPlayer-dev-eng] More about strides... :-m

Daniel Moreno comac2k at terra.es
Fri Jan 31 00:18:36 CET 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> Huh? It sounds like you're confusing strides and slices.

Ops. Frustrating. :(
Now that I thought I understood how this DR thing worked it turns out I
was not even dealing with it. Well... at least both words start with
"s", have an "i" and end with "es". X'D

> Supporting
> strides just means handling the case where line2 does not begin
> exactly width bytes from line1. There's never an excuse for not
> supporting arbitrary strides unless your filter is doing sketchy

Yes, I understand. But then... when do slices come in?  :-m  It's really
confusing.

--
Daniel Moreno - ComaC
Port pa'Linux del FinalBurn: http://fblinux.emuunlim.com/