[MPlayer-dev-eng] Quick "cvs diff" question

Michael Halcrow mah69 at email.byu.edu
Thu Jan 30 15:02:19 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-01-30 at 05:24, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I have made a modification to the MPlayer code that (among other things)
> > led to the creation of two new files.  What option do I give "cvs diff" so
> > that it will generate a patch file that includes the contents of the new
> > files (so that when you apply the patch, the new files will get generated
> > for you)?
> >
> > (I've tried -N and -P; neither worked for me.)
>
> cvs won't make diff for new files, you have to attach them to the mail along
> with the patch

It's somewhat of an ugly hack, but I have a script that copies the
original (unmodified) main directory to main.dev, copies my modified and
new files into main.dev, and then uses the Unix ``diff -Naur'' utility
between the main and the main.dev. This gets the newly created files in
the diff. Just be sure not to miss any files in the script that you've
modified.

Mike
--
Michael Halcrow                          | mhalcrow at byu.edu
Research Assistant, Network Security Lab | Dept. of Comp. Science
                                         | Brigham Young University
The sum of the Universe is zero.         |
GnuPG Keyprint:  05B5 08A8 713A 64C1 D35D  2371 2D3C FDDA 3EB6 601D