[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO for release? bugs status...

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Jan 29 21:20:17 CET 2003

Hi,

> sounds reasonable. anyway we won't get rid of such problems until
> someone rewrites the whole vo layer.

agree.

but remember, we once tried it (libvo2) but finally went back to libvo since
libvo2 development stopped (actually never actually started).

maybe after 0.90 the new API should be changed.extended, and the old API
disabled, and the drivers not supporting the new API disabled.
so anyone interested in a vo driver could port it to the new api...
dunno if it will ever happen, once, years ago :) i've changed draw_slice()
parameters and it took years to get all drivers updated.
and it was nothing (actually the stride parameter added) compared to what
we need now...

> >and at the same time remove the fullscreen flag from config()'s last
> >parameter or 'emulate' it by vo_fs for compatibility...
> >

> patch changing only vo_xv with the black screen fix is attached.

nice, this patch works almost perfect for me :)

btw i've found teh last issue:

  vo_x11_sizehint( hint.x, hint.y, hint.width, hint.height,0 );

it enables aspect ratio constraint in WM, so it doesn't allow resizing the
window at next file. so if you play 2 files with -fixed-vo using different
aspect, the XMoveResizeWindow() of the second will fail... good, eh?

i've fixed it by moving vo_x11_sizehint above XMoveResizeWindow.
now it works uquite good :)
even panscan is preserved if using -fixed-vo. great.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

    "However, many people beg for its inclusion in Debian. Why?" - Gabucino
  "Because having new software in Debian is good." - Josselin Mouette
"Because having good software in Debian is new." - Gabucino