[MPlayer-dev-eng] TODO for release? bugs status...

Jindrich Makovicka makovick at kmlinux.fjfi.cvut.cz
Tue Jan 28 19:32:00 CET 2003

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

>Hi.
>

>>- fix iconv issues:
>>   - ogm subtitles crash if compiled with libiconv - FIXED?
>>

>Hmm... I just tried that over the weekend, and mplayer did not crash -
>it just spits out 'failed to convert etc.pp.' for each and every line.
>So it doesn't crash for me... But I can't test whether it converts or
>not either.

it's still screwed. when -subcp is specified, sub_utf8 should be set but
now it's reset to the default (zero) when closing iconv, which is
immediately after the subtitles are read. i don't understand pontscho's
changes in subreader.c 1.92 much, but imo it should revert to original
sub_utf8 only in the case of error.

regards,

--
Jindrich Makovicka