[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0 bit rle (Quicktime)

Roberto Togni r_togni at libero.it
Fri Jan 24 00:15:09 CET 2003

Resending with subscribed address....

I was looking at a bugreport for a zero bit quicktime rle files (one of
them is also available on incoming ftp, file iioh_300.mov in dir
qtanimation).

The files are reference files, and contains a single frame rle movie.
The reference part is not recognized by mplayer.

Mplayer reports it as 0 bit rle files, but they're really 32 bit rle
files (decoding is not implemented yet).
The image size is also wrong (32x2 in both samples i tried), while
display size is correct.

If you try to play them using -vc qtrlerpza, and look at mplayer
messages, you can find out that the codec reports the right depth, but
the wrong image size (codec is crashing as indicated in codecs.conf).
Quicktime 5 on Win plays it correctly, and in file information calls
them Animation, Milions+ (standard 24 bit files are Animation, Milions).

I'll try to implement the rle32 into the decoder, but i don't know
anything about mov demuxer. Does anybody have a clue about the wrong
depth and size?

If you have a standard rle32 file, please upload it.

Ciao,
  Roberto