[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: .deb .. yadayada

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Thu Jan 23 08:07:48 CET 2003

Dariusz Pietrzak wrote:
> > all gui features? like playbar.
> Because 'default' is non-redistributable. I asked for this at least
> twice, but author(s)(?) seem not like idea of people using his work, so
> I went with Skin that author wants people to use.
Eh, what? Nonsense.. What does he expect to do if something like that happens?
Anyway xine already includes that skin. Though IMHO it's not a
particularly nice skin..

I'll talk with its creator about that.

> mencoder is mpeg encoder, and debian does not distribute those for some
> weird patent or something reasons. I guess it would be possible to
> package ogg-only mencoder or something.
Well it's debian users' problem :PP
MEncoder can't encode to either OGG, or tarkin, or vorbis.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team