[MPlayer-dev-eng] .deb of 0.90rc3 release

Gabucino gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Thu Jan 23 07:44:23 CET 2003

>         libdvdnav.so.1 => not found
Ok, dvdnav support has just been disabled, so no prob with this one.

>         libdvdread.so.2 => /usr/local/lib/libdvdread.so.2 (0x40029000)
You really really should use libmpdvdkit2 (built-in) instead! That is proven,
tested, and AFAIK more portable. However debian will prefer including shit
(dvdread) just because mpdvdkit2 has dvdcss integrated.. Debian sugz.

>         libmad.so.0 => not found
Very untested, thus you shouldn't include it. But if you do, do not
make it default unless we do

>         libcdda_interface.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcdda_interface.so.0
> (0x401d5000)
>         libcdda_paranoia.so.0 => /usr/lib/libcdda_paranoia.so.0 (0x401eb000)
No sense. CDDA support is there just for fun. The GUI doesn't even support it.
XMMS is better for that task.

>         libggi.so.2 => not found
Absolutely NO NO. And WHY WHY :)

>         libartsc.so.0 => /opt/kde/lib/libartsc.so.0 (0x40c35000)
Why would non-KDE users need to install KDE libs??

IMHO the rest of it (lib dependencies) are OK.

--
Gabucino
MPlayer Core Team