[MPlayer-dev-eng] GIF help needed

Joey Parrish joey at nicewarrior.org
Thu Jan 23 15:30:30 CET 2003

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 12:24:30AM +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:
> Hi Joey.
> I'm looking at your patch.
> I tried the right_broken version, and it displays the first frame of
> the gif correctly for me. Then, the vd_raw decoder complains about
> frame being too small.

I'm sorry, I meant to post this URL as a place to test.
http://joey.nicewarrior.org/example.gif (372k)

This is a good example of the problem I'm trying to solve.
It's an animated GIF made from a movie I have, stripped down to 3 fps
and only a handful of frames.  But all the frames are the same size in
this, so this should be a better test.  With the broken one, I see color
corruption on playback of this image.

> If i got your vd_gif right, the next frames can be subpictures of the
> first frame, overwriteing only a portion of the output picture (i'm
> talking about the gif->Image.Top and gif->Image.Left stuff).
> If that's true, it won't work without the vd_gif module, unless you
> store the previous frame in some private area into the demuxer, update
> it, and pass the complete frame to the decoder, since the vd_raw module
> expects a full size frame (the same is true even if you use RGB8
> format).

I know that the "broken" one is not fully featured in a lot of ways, but
that's mostly because I stopped adding things to it to attempt to solve
the color corruption I was getting.

Thanks,
--Joey