[MPlayer-dev-eng] Any additional features for inclusion in rc3 RPMs?

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed Jan 22 18:29:37 CET 2003

On Wed, Jan 22, 2003 at 06:13:24PM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> > FreeType font support? (I think everyone has libfreetype installed on their
> > desktops)
> yes. i thought it's already included.

Definitely include this. The old bitmap fonts suck; you always have to
load different size ones depending on whether you're watching low-res
or hi-res movie.

> > gif support? (same as above)
> dunno. afaik libgif is illegal, and libungif is useless.

LOL! Worrying about gif when we encode mp3, mpeg4, etc. seems sort of
silly. Might as well at least link it in, then the user can pick
libgif or libungif depending on which they prefer.

Also, gif support is nice for being able to watch animated gifs, and
libungif can decode any gif file.

> > dynamic a/v plugins support? (doesn't create any new dependencies AFAIK)
> not fully working yet. vo drivers with configuration options are
> problematic, as the core requires them to compile.

Should probably move them to suboptions (-vo driver:opts) or just put
the variables in some dummy place in mplayer rather than in the vo
modules.

Rich