[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: .deb .. yadayada

Dariusz Pietrzak eyck at nowanet.lub.pl
Wed Jan 22 10:35:13 CET 2003

> nice... eh.
> wtf is this?
 mplayer binary with most features turned on.

> why do you make it depend on so much useless things most users don't have at
> all? or debian comes with all these libs?
 Why does it bother you?
All those have been added one-by-one on requests from various users.
I don't understand what do you actually want? You want mplayer-minimal,
mplayer-minimal-with-gui, mplayer-minimal-with-gui-and-opengl,
mplayer-minimal-with-gui-opengl-and-aa-and-mga-and-sdl, and so on, and
so on?

> and why don't you use the 'default' (named default) skin with support for
> all gui features? like playbar.
 Because 'default' is non-redistributable. I asked for this at least
twice, but author(s)(?) seem not like idea of people using his work, so
I went with Skin that author wants people to use.

> why is no mencoder ?
> oh, it's big.
mencoder is mpeg encoder, and debian does not distribute those for some
weird patent or something reasons. I guess it would be possible to
package ogg-only mencoder or something.