[MPlayer-dev-eng] .deb of 0.90rc3 release

Franck Arnaud franck at nenie.org
Tue Jan 21 21:31:16 CET 2003

Arpi:
> > you find them in
> >  http://tonelli.sns.it/pub/mplayer

> why do you make it depend on so much useless things most users don't have at
> all? or debian comes with all these libs?

In a proper setup 'apt-get install mplayer' will get all the
libs, so the main annoyance is wasted disk space (and cleanup
work if you remove the package as that won't remove the
libgarbage).

> and why does it depend on ncurses and libgpm ?

recursive dependencies from libaa? Maybe something as obscure as
terminal output could be left out of a mainstream package.

> what is libaudio ?

-ao nas

> then why is not gmplayer a separated package? most users don't want gui.

I second that, you'd get a lot less garbage without this (also
maybe OpenGL could go in the GUI version?).