[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90 release plans and others

Frederick Bruckman fredb at immanent.net
Mon Jan 20 16:01:46 CET 2003

On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, Arpi wrote:

> But I think it serious: i _have_to_ stop maintaining of the current code.
> Actually I hate to refuse so many patches just because they are ugly hacks
> or (imho) useless features. Or because i don't understand that code or
> because i don't have time/hw/etc to test. Users probably want them!
> In the last months i felt that my maintainer work slows down development
> instead of improving it. Imho mplayer needs a more free cvs policy now.

I'd like you to know that your style is one of the things I like best
about mplayer. Too many open source projects feel obligated to accept
everything thrown at them. Better projects, even, rarely reject
less-than-good patches outright, but rather, just let them sit in the
queue until they become irrelevant. It is understandably draining to
confront people, but it's the only way to achieve excellence.

Frederick