[MPlayer-dev-eng] 0.90 release plans and others

Winner of tha face compo gabucino at mplayerhq.hu
Mon Jan 20 09:33:47 CET 2003

Arpi wrote:
> (The only exception is vo_svga, but imho it isn't so broken as Gabu says, and
> afaik the problems are only in <=8bpp modes.)
Yes it is very visible in 8pp and fewer modes, but it's also present in 16/24bpp
Image is blurred (at least MJPEG)
Matan is looking at it currently.
BTW we should have reversed his commit that broke it: SVGA users don't need
vidix support in vo_svga anyway.......

> IMHO it's time to close this oh-so-long-delayed 0.90 release.
Agreed. Time for design5 :P

> (exceptions: libaf, Gui, libavcodec, vo_svga).
Pontscho, I sent you a bugreport with playbar+xmga+fullscreen but the mail
bounced
(kac unroutable....)

Just start gmplayer, push fullscreen, get playbar, press play to play a movie,
and the image isn't fullscreen until the playbar disappears.

> 2. we should switch to the patch tracker (roundup)
Must!

>   (if no objections, we should change docs/tech/patches.txt _before_ 0.90)
Yes.

> 6. remove obsolete code, like old config parser and much more
And new too :)

> 8. Leave project. (*)
I don't think it will happen (it never did in the past when you told you will)
but if it does, what if I wrote a weekly "newsletter" about incoming
important patches, sig11 fixes, and other things?
I'm sure MPlayer will die if you stop reviewing patches, and code overall.

> or it will just go mad and turns to be unusably
> unstable in a few weeks. who knows... see egcs vs. gcc story as example)
I'm sure it will.

BTW: what if we reversed the suboverlap in whole?

--
Gabucino