[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Some cleanup about mencoder.

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jan 18 19:01:13 CET 2003

Hi,

> > Ok with it. Then we have to change vf_instance_s->put_image to
> > int (*put_image)(muxer_t *, struct vf_instance_s *, mp_image_t *);
> no..there should be some new api for ve_ or some other stream id
> entries, but not changing the whole vf_instance...

no
i've just checked again that patch. it's half good and half bad.

the part of muxer_f is good, by placing it into muxer struct.

but the other half: making 'muxer' to global is bad!
it should be put into muxer_stream struct and then problem solved.

ie. muxer_stream belongs to muxer, and muxer belongs to file.
so you can get muxer by muxer_stream->muxer
and file by muxer->file

so it's enough to pass muxer_stream to the encoders (and so muxer_write_chunk)
(as done already) and no need for mencoder_write_chunk() callback.

so make a patch for it or shut down this topic.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team