[MPlayer-dev-eng] video rate in client/server application

Daniel Sadoc Menasche sadoc at land.ufrj.br
Fri Jan 17 14:40:33 CET 2003

Hi,

I have been using MPlayer for a long time.  I´m now writing a
client/server application.  The server sends data captured from a camera
through the network, and the client gets the data and sends it to MPlayer

[something like ´./client | (mplayer -)´].

Both client and server have internal buffers.

I have a doubt: it seems that video rate is too slow. The seconds at
the OSD seem to run slowly compared to real time.

I would like to know how does mplayer sets the video rate. How may I
correct my the client program so that it tells to Mplayer to play in the
correct frame rate?  Why do the seconds in the OSD run slowly compared to
real time?

Thanks a lot, and regards,
Daniel Sadoc