[MPlayer-dev-eng] [QUESTION] Stabilizing MPlayer

Balatoni Denes pnis at coder.hu
Tue Jan 14 23:31:33 CET 2003

Hi!

On 2003. január 14. 22:15, Arpi wrote:
> bugs on -users, so i go watching a film instead... and i find more bugs
> then. :(
:))

imho making mplayer not just a "one file at one run" player is
a good idea. If you want to change samplerate, scaling, filtering or whatever
on the fly, you need to free up everything properly. And if you make these
things work, mplayer is not for playing just one file at a time anymore.

I don't know how much these features are needed - I am interested in your
opinions on this. I think these are usefull, but it is of course lot of work
and time - but isn't this a good direction for future advancement?
With these features, and making the modules be dynamically linked, mplayer
will be a very versataile media player for any platform.

hmm as a matter of fact actually I never watch movies at home hehe :]
and I don't understand people, who want to watch movies on a 2" screen with
headphones either. Maybe I need to mature :)

Denes