[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Fix subcp crash(hopefully)

Salvador Eduardo Tropea salvador at inti.gov.ar
Tue Jan 14 18:28:50 CET 2003

Andriy N. Gritsenko wrote:

>There are also font styles (bold, italic, etc.), positions and some
>other (may be) in SubStationAlpha subtitles. It seems to be the most
>improved subtitles format. It was a cause I said before we have to have
>support SSA styles in OSD. :)  Would someone like to implement that? :)

IMHO the major problem is that mplayer uses gray scale subtitles.
Changing it is hard because you must support all the color encodings, and the other problem is that mplayer currently have optimized routines for gray scale. So doing it without losing too much means fixing a lot of assembler code for MMX, MMX2, SSE, etc.

SET

--
Salvador Eduardo Tropea (SET). (Electronics Engineer)
Visit my home page: http://welcome.to/SetSoft or
Alternative e-mail: set at computer.org set at ieee.org
Address: Curapaligue 2124, Caseros, 3 de Febrero
Buenos Aires, (1678), ARGENTINA Phone: +(5411) 4759 0013