[MPlayer-dev-eng] af layer STILL broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Tue Jan 14 06:10:59 CET 2003

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 10:54:33AM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry the patch brakes the decoding I get sig 11 in ad_libvorbis when
> using the patch (second tome decode_audio() is called). I found one
> bug which I fixed. I can't reproduce completely since I am running a
> alsa9 only system at the moment (statically linked kernel without
> oss emulation). I'll try it again when I get home. My guess is that ao_oss
> reports that it supports float even though it doesn't. alsa works qite
> well and detects the float, it doesn't support it however and returns
> uint8, which is correct but not good, and will need fixing.
>
> Also the patch didn't apply cleanly.

Yes, that and the sig11 were caused by the fact that I applied several
bugfixes to the file after sending the patch to the list. Use CVS to
revert to the pre-fix version before applying the patch (the right
version number should be in the diff file) if you really want to test
it. But the concept should be straightforward.

And you're probably right that ao_oss is buggy here. But mplayer
shouldn't even be requesting float from the ao layer if I specify -af
format=2:signedintle, right??

Rich