[MPlayer-dev-eng] "tremor" broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 13 20:44:00 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 08:18:55PM +0100, Balatoni Denes wrote:
> Hi!
>
> That's what I thought first too, and I wouldn't miss rg_scale. But in fact
> it only increased cpu% by 1-2 on the strongarm, so it is alright and might
> even do something good imho.

1-2% can mean the difference between playable movie and a/v desync.
Think .ogm, not .ogg music.

BTW I just committed a fix for the problem. If no rescale is needed
then it skips it outside the loop. Also it improves floating point
performance by mixing the multiply by 32767 and the rg_scale into a
single multiply. 2l to whoever didn't do that simple optimization to
begin with.

Rich