[MPlayer-dev-eng] "tremor" broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 13 18:41:09 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 06:25:28PM +0100, Moritz Bunkus wrote:
> Hi.
>
> You're forgetting that libogg is still required in order to decode Ogg
> files. Having something decode Vorbis is not enough ;)

Nope. Libogg is like a couple K and the equivalent code is included in
tremor. See my recent CVS commit that removes -logg dependency with
tremor.

Also libogg is brain damaged...it checks the checksum on each page,
which is super slow for video (.ogm) files where you have tons of
pages full of video data. So we should replace it too anyway. Tremor
does this too but we could fix it if it were in mplayer cvs.

Rich