[MPlayer-dev-eng] "tremor" broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 13 18:26:01 CET 2003

Yeah, although I was the one to initially advocate it, I must admit
that the "tremor" integer-only vorbis decoder is totally broken. It
clips like crazy on high-amplitude source files, and as far as I can
tell the clipping isn't mplayer's fault. In the meantime I'll see if I
can fix up ad_libvorbis.c to at least do fast float->int conversion
hacks, but IMHO, unless libavcodec is getting its own independent
vorbis decoder very soon, we should import tremor into mplayer CVS and
fix it. That would be nice too because the code is fairly small and it
would make mplayer support ogg out of the box without extra libs.
Opinions, anyone? Should I upload files that make tremor clip to mphq?

Rich