[MPlayer-dev-eng] DOCS bug

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sat Jan 11 14:12:44 CET 2003

Sorry for that incomplete mail.  I am testing Cygwin right now and using
Mozilla as mailer but my fingers are still wired to my Linux shortcuts..

Diego

Some comments for real:

Anders Johansson wrote:
> +  <DD>This option sets the sample format of the audio filter layer and
> +    of the sound-card. If the requested sample format of your
> +    sound-card is different from that of the current media, a format
> +    filter (see below) will be inserted to rectify the
> +    difference.</DD>

Just wondering..  Why don't you use the full 79 characters in each line?

> -
>  <H5><A NAME="af_volume">2.3.2.3.5 Software volume control</A></H5>

Please don't remove the two blank lines in front of each section, this
helps structure the code a bit.

> +    <CODE>d</CODE> should be set to 15ms if d1 <= d2 and to 15 +
> +    5*(d1-d2) if d1 > d2. The default value for <CODE>d</CODE> is

Please use &lt; and &gt; instead of < and >.

 > +<H5><A NAME="af_sub">2.3.2.3.5 Sub-woofer</A></H5>
 > +
 > +<H5><A NAME="af_surround">2.3.2.3.6 Surround-sound decoder</A></H5>

These section numbers were already used :-P, I hope you have some Cola
handy..  BTW you would earn extra good karma for updating the TOC in
documentation.html.

I also added some <CODE> tags around parameters that the user is
supposed to type in and added parameter ranges to the option
descriptions where applicable, hope you'll like it.

Thanks

Diego