[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jan 11 15:18:06 CET 2003

Hi,

> > > PS: Anyway playlist demuxing is imho atm a real mess, as they don't work
> > > locally and only with the network code ...
> >
> > argh. you're right...

maybe not.

i've checked again, and it's sth else. see bellow:

> > it's more interesting that they fail even with the -playlist option:
> >
> > Playing [Reference]
> > File not found: '[Reference]'
> >

> > Playing Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
> > Unknown protocol: Ref1=http
> > asf_streaming_start failed
> > Unable to open URL: Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
> >

> > Exiting... (End of file)
> >
> > looks like it didn't recognized asx format and parsed as simple txt list of
> > urls. or it isn't really asx? afaik asx is xml-style, but this one more
> > like reminds me of di.fm's *.pl (winamp format?) files.
>
> The [Reference] stuff is another format of redirector (not an ASX).
> I don't think it's handle at all in mplayer, I'll check.
>
> Do you have a test URL for this one?

yes
http://valovilag.adatpark.hu/0111/orult.wmv

if you wget it (or let the browser download it) it'll be a small file:

root at arpi:~# cat orult.wmv
[Reference]
Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
root at arpi:~#

so it's a reference to itself.

if you try 'mplayer http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv'
then it works (it seems using the mms-over-http protocol)

so the problem is probably the missing parser for that [Reference]-style
fileformat.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team