[MPlayer-dev-eng]

Fabian Franz FabianFranz at gmx.de
Sat Jan 11 15:07:20 CET 2003

Am Samstag, 11. Januar 2003 11:56 schrieb Bertrand Baudet:
> On Saturday 11 January 2003 01:04 am, Arpi wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > PS: Anyway playlist demuxing is imho atm a real mess, as they don't
> > > work locally and only with the network code ...
> >
> > argh. you're right...
> > just tested and really, the buggy .asx (and .wmv) urls i got all work
> > from the network, but fails from local.
> >
> > it's more interesting that they fail even with the -playlist option:
> >
> > Playing [Reference]
> > File not found: '[Reference]'
> >

> > Playing Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
> > Unknown protocol: Ref1=http
> > asf_streaming_start failed
> > Unable to open URL: Ref1=http://195.228.246.70:80/0111/orult.wmv
> >

> > Exiting... (End of file)
> >
> > looks like it didn't recognized asx format and parsed as simple txt list
> > of urls. or it isn't really asx? afaik asx is xml-style, but this one
> > more like reminds me of di.fm's *.pl (winamp format?) files.
>
> The [Reference] stuff is another format of redirector (not an ASX).
> I don't think it's handle at all in mplayer, I'll check.
>
> Do you have a test URL for this one?
>
> > > -	{ "asx", DEMUXER_TYPE_ASF },
> > > +	{ "asx", DEMUXER_TYPE_PLAYLIST },
> >
> > i'm not sure this is ok.
> > afair there are badly configured servers with .asx urls but asf content.
>
> This doesn't matter, this list is not used.

It'll be used, when you comment that extension=NULL out ... :-(

> > > -extension=NULL;
> > > +//extension=NULL;
> >
> > ah i already forgot this one.
> > it was found already few months ago, and turned out to be some debug
> > code, but it seems it was not fixed...  or am i wrong?
>
> Yes, this code was for test. I used it to try autoselect a demuxer type
> based on the extension. But it turn out to be a bad idea. I kept the code
> "in case" of if I need it later on. But I really should comment it out.

hm, I liked it, because else you don't even try playlist as types ...

With files it works ok:

mplayer -playlist karen.asx (but karen.asx is in reality a .asf-file)

The file is feeded to the demuxers and recognized as asf file ...

But with the network-code this does not work ...

As I want to use the new "mplayer plugin" (work fairly well) ;-) please fix
that code asap ...

Extension parsing did make it work, but now (after your commit) it does not
work at all ...

Please fix it... No one, can use asx-files now (except he dls it to disk and
does mplayer -playlist bla.asx)

I think network-code should feed it to the demuxers to autodetect the mode
instead of setting it ...

cu

Fabian