[MPlayer-dev-eng] Unknown codec solved

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Fri Jan 10 14:23:25 CET 2003

	Hello,

	After trying to rip the mpeg stream from the svcd using vcdxrip
from vcdtools I found that the problem is that it has two non-form2
sectors and the vcdxrip fail, I patched it to ignore that error and I
got a mpeg2 stream playable with mplayer. So I suppose that the problem
in mplayer with svcd is the same, I don't know how mplayer parses the
vcd, but in the vcdxrip source
http://www.vcdimager.org/pub/vcdimager/vcdimager-0.7_UNSTABLE/vcdimager-0.7.12.tar.gz
file frontends/xml/vcd_xml_rip.c
I had to comment the 'break;' in line 1162, so it continues even if it
gets a non-form2 sector:

          if (!(buf[buf_idx].subheader[2] & SM_FORM2))
            {
              vcd_warn ("encountered non-form2 sector");
              /* break; */
            }

so if you can change the mplayer to play non-form2 sectors in svcd I
think it will be solved.

	Best regards,

	- german

--
Send email with "SEND GPG KEY" as subject to receive my GnuPG public key.