[MPlayer-dev-eng] using -wid

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos stephanek at brutele.be
Wed Jan 8 23:28:24 CET 2003

Hello,

I am writing a GNOME frontend to mplayer, it works fine with -wid and
the slave mode for controlling.

Two questions arise:

1. Can I use something else than Xvideo as an output, none seemed to
work for me, I'd like to be able to use X11 as well or GL maybe.

2. When I start or resize mplayer, with the mouse on it (from my
frontend) the mouse leaves a big black square and it disappears only if
Xvideo refreshes (moving / resizing the window, but without the cursor
on top) did you experience such thing?

It may be XFree, I am using 4.3 CVS...

Thanks for your help -- and for this -wid mode that helps so much. Now I
can view movies from within nautilus...
--
   _ _ _
  / \ \ \