[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Fwd: [MPlayer-users] Re: MPlayer 0.90RC2 and cvs - VIDIX bug with RADEON

Christophe BADINA christophe.badina at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 6 21:52:59 CET 2003

> I have further investigated this problem and seem to have made some
> progress.
>
> I now think that the change I was complaining about is actually correct.
> With X set to 24-bit colour the overlay worked perfectly. It seems that the
> 16-bit support was broken anyway, and this change simply made it a bit more
> broken.

I confirm your investigation for Hercules 3D Prophet video card with ATI
Radeon QW chipset and 64 Mb video. I work with X to 24 bit colour.
I've tested in 16 bit (MPlayer 0.90RC2 with patchs I've sent last days at
mplayer-users list). I've got a pink window...

> I investigated the values of some of the registers while playing a video in
> windows and discovered that (at least for my card) the colour key registers
> are being set incorrectly by vidix. I have attached a patch that corrects
> the problem for me.

I've added your patch. It's work well now in 16 bits.

Christophe