[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] surround audio plugin broken

Anders Johansson ajh at watri.uwa.edu.au
Tue Jan 7 01:24:52 CET 2003

Hi,

> Hi
>
> On Monday 06 January 2003 09:14, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > > ill try to optimize the libaf stuff tomorrow perhaps ...
> >
> > What are you planing to do?
> rewrite the innermost loops in af_resample.h & mmx optimize them, perhaps SSE
> for the float stuff, i assume they are the most timeconsuming part but ill
> check that

Sounds great, a starting point for the mmx can be found in
libao2/fir.h, also I think the optimized fir code should be moved to a
separate file (af_fir.h) since it will be used elewhere (see
af_surround for example).

BTW before you start rewriting take a look at the compiler output. I
did some optimization of the C-code by looking at the assembly output
when I first wrote the code, so it compiles quite well. Another thing
which would be great would be to combine up and downsampling into one
routine.

> Michael

//Anders