[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] surround audio plugin broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 6 05:49:31 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 12:15:05PM +0800, Anders Johansson wrote:
> > Ideally it should be a runtime option, IMO...
>
> Yes, the speed setting should select filter lenght not sample format,
> I am planning to fix this as well, when I do the other changes.

Also, IMO, settings like this should be on a per-instance basis, not
global options. For example it should be possible to upsample first
with hq filter bank, perform some processing on the sound, then
downsample with linint or shorter filter length. Of course global
defaults would be ok I suppose. I hope this isn't sounding picky, but
I ran into this problem enough already in the video filter layer. Many
of the software scaler options are global, which is problematic
because I wanted to run two different scale filters at different
points in a filter chain, one with gaussian blur and the other
without. So, I think it's best to always have a way to config filter
options locally.

Rich