[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] surround audio plugin broken

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Jan 6 02:24:36 CET 2003

On Mon, Jan 06, 2003 at 02:00:04AM +0100, Arpi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > pl_surround is obsolete use -af surround instead. I think that will
> > fix the problem.
> >
> > //Anders
>
> btw IMHO libaf should NOT force float (i mean
> int->float->filter->float->int) by default.
> (only if it's requires (the requiested filter cannot operates on integer))

Agree, it's lame. It can be fixed by -af-adv force=1. But the force
param is only supposed to affect auto-inserted stuff, and right now
the resample plugin forces things to float even if you load it
explicitly with -af resample=44100. I'm guessing that in the future
the force=1 option might do other things that lower quality too, so
it's very bad to require it to get rid of the float nonsense.

> ppl are already reported slowdowns of 0.90-rc series compared to 0.90pres.
> maybe we should disable the whole libaf autodetection by default...

Disagree, resampling when the movie is 48000 hz and the soundcard only
supports 44100 should be done by default, just like -vop scale is
auto-inserted when the output device is rgb. Otherwise the output is
just wrong.

Rich