[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: ccache

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Jan 6 01:55:50 CET 2003

Hi,

> IIRC there was an explanation in an older issue of c't magazine...
> Ah, found it (Issue 13/2000, c'tplusrom 1/2000).
>
> YUVabc
>
> For a samples of Y b samples of UV in odd lines and c samples of UV in
> even lines.

great. i'll add to tech/colorspaces.txt

> > > I'd like to have a player that can display 25interlaced as
> > > 50progressive by filling the even/odd lines for the odd/even fields
> > > with black lines, just the way it works in your Television set. :-)
> >
> > Well, that shouldnt be a problem with vop :)
>
> Hmm, I thought the vop plugins can't change the frame rate ?

yep they weren't designed to do it, but for teh drop-deinterlacer filter it
was hacked a bit, so it should be possible.
at least with mencoder, it could work. the filter may call next_put_image()
more times than its put_image() called, and since the last filter in the
queue is ve_* calling mux_*, the outgoing timers will be correct.

anyway for framerate duplication you may need to pass -ofps option.

note: all this unetsted, just speculation.

note2: it won't work with mplayer, since it assumes 0 or 1 frames from 1
decode_frame() call (and calls libvo's blit function only once).
anyway i'm planning to add -ofps option to mplayer too.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team