[MPlayer-dev-eng] display of subtitles

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Fri Jan 3 22:48:45 CET 2003

Hi.

Thanks for the explanation, and it's what I expected.

> back to your question.
> is tehre any ogm files where the current way fails?

Not really. Piotr Krukowiecki asked me if I could fix some other files
that do not include an empty subtitle in the OGM stream whenever the
current one should disappear. OGM allows for that as it also stores the
current subtitle's duration. But without a queueing mechanism I can't
fix this 'the right way', e.g. by inserting those "remove current
subtitles" packets depending on the duration.

On the other hand I could simply use a more or less dirty hack... I'll
probably do that as it won't be much work. If there will be such a big
change after 0.90 then I'll happily convert the Ogg demuxer to it.

> if teh former, then a queue could help. if they arrive too late, it's a big
> issue, it may mean that the ogm demuxer should read more than needed.

No, it's just a matter of whether they are removed at the right time or
not. And as both the Windows Ogg DS filters and my ogmtools produce
properly interleaved files there shouldn't be any exmaples out there
where the Ogg demuxer should read more than it does now.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)