[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: CVS: main/DOCS/tech libavc-options.txt,1.26,1.27

Peter Niemayer niemayer at isg.de
Thu Jan 2 16:27:45 CET 2003

Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> On Wednesday 01 January 2003 16:41, Rémi Guyomarch wrote:
> > In case you didn't noticed, Michael committed lots and lots of things
> > in libavcodec recently : qpel, bframes+4mv fixes, better bframes ME

Does the use of B-frames already have a visible effect on quality when
using the same bitrate as before? Is it worth the additional compatibility
trouble? - Last time I tried video encoded with libavcodec + bframes wasn't
replayed correctly by divx-5 - I know this is certainly not libavcodecs fault
but it's simply causing lots of confusion... and can the ffdshow filter
solve that ugly "frame ordering" problem?

Regards,

Peter Niemayer