FWD:Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VIA's CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding capabilities

Daniel Egger degger at fhm.edu
Wed Feb 26 02:16:40 CET 2003

Am Die, 2003-02-25 um 22.33 schrieb Balatoni Denes:

> Sorry, let me refine my opinion. This part means hardware scaler?

Hardware scaler is pretty standard on any GPU. AFAICS they have
iDCT and MC in hardware which would reduce the efforts of the
software to setup the buffers and the engine and shift the data
over to the hardware thereby reducing the utilisation to somewhat like
10-15% on their fan-supported 900Mhz CPU under Windows.

BTW: ATI also has these features since the Rage128 but no one has enough
information to make it fly...

--
Servus,
       Daniel