FWD:Re: [MPlayer-dev-eng] VIA's CLE266 chipset's MPEG2 decoding capabilities

Ivan Kalvachev ivan at cacad.com
Wed Feb 26 00:45:14 CET 2003

Balatoni Denes said:
> Hi!
>
> Sorry, let me refine my opinion. This part means hardware scaler?

I guess no, there is no need, as video overlay can do that.  I'll ask VIA
people anyway.

> If yes than this is worth implementing for sure, and not too hard either
> imho  - definietly worth the board they are offering, imho.
>
> On 2003. februбr 25. 21:52, Ivan Kalvachev wrote:
>> eatures. FYI, the chip includes a hardware-accelerated
>> slice layer decoder.
>
> bye
> Denes
I look more carefully at the MB it looks perfect for making Linux DVD
player set (like video cassete player), as some people wanted some time
ago (no fans & small short box, all PC gadget integrated). Well the CPU is
weak but...

Best Regards
  Ivan Kalvachev